Do you need help coordinating and transporting your goods? Are you time poor or inexperienced when it comes to logistics? Then a freight forwarder is for you.
They are the experts in logistics when it comes to moving your goods from A to B. Freight forwarders have the knowledge, networks, and equipment required to manage your shipments.
Whether you are looking to import or export goods, a freight forwarder can deal with all parties involved in the supply chain and in the overall process. Therefore, ensuring that your goods arrive at their intended destination as quickly and safely as possible. Freight forwarders are your go-to for transporting goods anywhere in the world.
Having a freight forwarder company is an asset, as they can save you unnecessary headaches and time as they provide reliable transportation of your goods at a competitive price that keeps you happy.
What is expected of a Freight Forwarder?
A freight forwarder must be able to understand your requirements and identify the best transportation method and move your goods within the timeframe that you set as well as competitive pricing.
Below are some of the services that are provided by freight forwarders:
- Cargo Transportation (Sea, Air, and Domestic)
- Warehousing and Storage (3PL)Customs Clearance and Customs advisory services.
- Insurance Solutions (Internationally, and Domestically)
- Packing solutions that are relevant for shipping standards
- Inventory Management solutions
- Shipping Documentation (Bill of Lading, Commercial invoicing, Certificate of origin, Inspection certificates, Export licenses and packing lists).
- Consulting Services
- Real-time tracking of transported goods.
What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of using a Freight Forwarder?
- Freight forwarders have built strong relationships with transporters, allowing for better pricing and smoother communication. Through these connections, they can develop the best solution to deliver efficient, cost-effective, and reliable services.
- They have in-depth industry knowledge and expertise.
- A freight forwarder allows you to focus on growing your business, while they handle the transportation and customs of your goods.
- Leveraging volume and buying power to reduce transportation costs.
- Freight forwarders can safeguard your company from any potential lawsuits, customer complaints, and severe losses.
- Within Australia, the freight forwarding industry is unregulated, which allows anyone to start their own company within this industry. In addition, it is wise to spend some time and research into the freight forwarder you choose to work with
- Due to the industry being opaque, it can become difficult to identify between good and bad freight forwarders.